- In the macOS Finder, look for EFI in the left bar under Volumes. If it isn't visible you will have to mount it:
- Open the macOS Terminal and type
diskutil listand look for the disk/partition location of the EFI. (There may be more than one.)
sudo diskutil mount diskYsZ, using the disk/partition location name where you see EFI. It should look like this:
- The EFI partition will appear in the left Finder bar under Volumes.
- If you don't see anything in that volume after browsing to it, try the other ones that you found in
- In the EFI volume, go into the
EFIdirectory and then the
OCdirectory and open the
config.plistfile in the macOS text editor.
- There should be a section of the file that looks like this:
- Edit that to your preferred screen resolution, but leave the @32 part as it is.
- Some odd/intermediate resolutions like 1366×768 may not work well. Try to stick to more common 16:9, 16:10, and 4:3 form factors.
- Shut down the VM, relaunch it using
basic.shscript and follow the following steps:
Escapekey as soon as the window comes up.
- If you are using virt-manager, you may need to detach the USB keyboard to get to this screen. One you are done editing, re-add the USB keyboard and reboot
- In the interface that comes up, select
OVMF Platform Configuration->
Change Preferredand select the correct resolution.
F10to save the changes.
Escapemultiple times to come back to main menu, and then select