If you do this and then there is a problem that causes macOS to not boot, you must redownload the opencore qcow2 file from the github repository.
- In the macOS Finder, look for EFI in the left bar under Volumes. If it isn't visible you will have to mount it:
- Open the macOS Terminal and type
diskutil listand look for the disk/partition location of the EFI. (There may be more than one.)
sudo diskutil mount diskYsZ, using the disk/partition location name where you see EFI. It should look like this:
- The EFI partition will appear in the left Finder bar under Volumes.
- If you don't see anything in that volume after browsing to it, try the other ones that you found in
- In the EFI volume, go into the
EFIdirectory and then the
OCdirectory and open the
config.plistfile in the macOS text editor.
Next, find and change this line
<string>-v keepsyms=1 tlbto_us=0 vti=9</string>
to this line
<string>keepsyms=1 tlbto_us=0 vti=9</string>