Video guide here (Use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1)
- If using virt-manager Use a random multicast MAC address generator and paste it into the template generated by
- While I was editing the template, I also used
uuidgenand pasted that in there for good measure.
- Then import the template with
virsh define whatever.xml.
- In the macOS Finder, look for EFI in the left bar under Volumes. If it isn't visible you will have to mount it:
- Open the macOS Terminal and type
diskutil listand look for the disk/partition location of the EFI. (There may be more than one.)
sudo diskutil mount diskYsZ, using the disk/partition location name where you see EFI. It should look like this:
- Download GenSMBIOS and gernerate a set of serials for the mac model shown under "System Report" ("iMacPro1,1").
- Locate the plist file at
/Volumes/EFI/OC/config.plist. Insert the generated serials into generic section in the appropriate places.
- You can edit it by hand or use ProperTree for this.
- Reboot. You should be able to log in with your Apple-ID now.